Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Night Update!

Doug loves blog posts
So it's Sunday night and I am sitting at a dinner table on my laptop whilst my beautiful Tanya is studying for her test tomorrow. On the eve of my final weekend before I return to uni I have come to the realisation that I had accomplished nothing that I had set out for myself to do during my summer break. Although that sounds bad my goals were pretty pointless:
  1. Complete every Zelda game
  2. Finally complete MGS
  3. Become slightly less awesome
Although none of them have been done yet (damn you MGS!!) I still had a pretty good holiday. Rediscovering my love for pen and paper games, I DMed my very first adventure....it was a disaster, but an enjoyable one. I had picked up the Pathfinder beginners box to run for a workmate and his friends who seemed to actually enjoy the game despite me constantly having to try and figure out the mechanics (lots of book referencing). I did enjoy being the DM though, I just didn't enjoy Pathfinder. I've played 4E and 3.5 in the past and even though I do enjoy playing them, at times I feel suffocated by all the mechanics. My discovery of the OSR and eventually joining my DCC group is the highlight of my summer.

In other news St Patrick's day is coming up! I plan to once again get blindly drunk and listen to way too much Dropkick Murphys. Also looking to give Binary Domain a play, that games seems like all the right kinds of crazy. I'm awaiting the arrival of the Holmes basic box in the mail along with the core AD&D 1E books which has me insanely excited. Until Dungeon Crawl Classics actually releases (pre-ordering foil cover this week) I plan on being lost in these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment